Thursday, September 24, 2009

Benefits of walking.

I went for a walk yesterday with Anna and Katja. It was one hour fun! Apparently, I think we went all around Tapiola.
I do love walking. Many reason of why walking is good. I got this list from http://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/walking/a2004-06-17-walking-numerousbenefits.html, check it out if you want more explaination.

  • Managing your weight.
  • Controlling your blood pressure. .
    Decreasing your risk of heart attack.
  • Boosting "good" cholesterol
  • Lowering your risk of stroke
  • Reducing your risk of breast cancer and type 2 diabetes.
  • Avoiding your need for gallstone surgery.
  • Protecting against hip fracture.
  • Prevent depression, colon cancer, constipation, osteoporosis, and impotence
    Lengthen lifespan
    Lower stress levels
    Relieve arthritis and back pain
    Strengthen muscles, bones, and joints
    Improve sleep
    Elevate overall mood and sense of well-being.

Personally, I prefer walking than running. I tend to short of breath too easily and it doesn't make me comfortable when I feel I need to think how to breath properly.

It is not so bad to walk alone though I won't mind having a company to walk along. We don't need to talk much. I begin to understand about silence is gold in certain time. I used to feel uncomfortable not to talk whenever I'm with someone.

I walked much back home and the reason is I don't have a car nor a bike. I have a bike now! I used to keep bugging my dad to buy me a bike since I was 13. After 14 years, I got one! I got a bike from my boyfriend who I didn't expect to buy it! I love it.

I still remember my "walking days" in KL. Going through LRT, stuffed KTM and walk 15 minutes from KLCC to Pavilion. Matter of fact, I feel thats all I've been doing. Walking to work, standing up in the train, walking to shopping mall and sit to eat. I feel kinda bored. Though walking is the best!

So Keep Walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment